Life Of Tiger Chomchome

June 10, 2017 0 Comments





Known as “Taylor Swift” at Ruamrudee International School, Tiger Chomchome never fails to shock his snapchat followers and friends.
Chomchome lived alone since he moved from Khaoyai to Bangkok in 7th grade. Intrigued by his frequent departure and independence, everyone who hears his story is incredulous.
The 19 year-old transgender traveled seven times to the U.S alone in past 6 months just to go to concerts of his favorite artists, Beyonce; Justin Bieber; and Taylor swift, without his parents’ consent. Last year, he caused a major stir up when he showed up at junior prom in a long, blue organza dress lit up with LED light. This year he didn’t disappoint his fans; he wowed them once more with his heavily embellished, custom-made prom dress. Adorned with peacock feathers and crystal like beading, the dress costs nearly 60,000 baht ($2000).
Me: Describe your childhood
Tiger: I grew up in Korat, a very rural area. My childhood was adventurous. I have two older sisters but they’re much older than me, so my best friend was my maid’s son. We would go run around the market, and steal stuff. Occasionally, we would fight with the monks in the temple near my house.
Me: How do you think transgender are viewed in Thailand/at School?
Tiger: Though trans are prevalent in Thailand, I think they’re still viewed as clowns and puppets, and not taken seriously. Those with a liberal mindset are more accepting of it, but I still feel that some Thais are still scared to come out because they fear getting bullied.
Me: What is your most memorable trip to USA?  
Tiger: My favorite is Beyoncé’s Formation tour in New Jersey because I was there for less than 24 hours.
Me: How does Beyoncé and Taylor swift inspire you?
Tiger: Their work ethic inspires me. In a sense, it’s kinda weird to see someone who has accomplished so much already when they were the same age as me.
Me: What are you most looking forward to in New york? Being alone in the city since 7th Tiger: grade, there’s not much to do but go to movies. So I’m definitely looking forward to film to New York.  And of course fashion.
Me: If you can send a 10s snap story to 10million people, what would it be/what would you say?
Tiger: Beyoncé is my religion.

All images © View Kuphirun.